UPSKILL YOUR STAFF and boost your business with the Australian Government’s Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements (BAC) wage subsidy initiative!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy initiative is part of the Federal Government’s COVID-19 response to assist with the recovery from the impact of the pandemic. The Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements measure aims to encourage employers of any size or industry, Australia-wide, to take on new Apprentices and Trainees, building a pipeline of skilled workers to support sustained economic recovery.
Through the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy, any business that engages an Australian Apprentice or Trainee before 31st March 2022 may be eligible for a subsidy of 50% of wages paid to a new or recommencing Apprentice or Trainee for a 12-month period from the date of commencement to a maximum of $7,000 per quarter. There is no cap on the number of eligible Apprentices and or Trainees.
WAGE SUBSIDY ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Your business may be eligible for the BAC wage subsidy if:
- You commence or recommence an Apprentice or Trainee before 31st March 2022
- Your Apprentice or Trainee is completing a Certificate II or higher-level qualification and has a Training Contract that is formally approved by the relevant State Training Authority.
Your Business may attract the wage subsidy for existing workers if:
- They are undertaking a qualification listed on the attached Qualification List
- The employee switches from casual or part time employment to a full time Apprenticeship or Traineeship
- Please note State Specific requirements apply
Please read the Employer Trainee Fact Sheet to ensure you meet the Supervisor to Trainee required ratio
Register your interest today and one of our highly trained Industry Engagement Officers will contact you to discuss program eligibility and the various pathways and benefits available to you and your employees.